At the beginning of 2018 I've stated that Matek F722-STD is the first F7 flight controller that makes sense. Today, I have in front of me I have the first F7 flight controller that has all you need (and more) when 4-in-1 ESC is not what you are looking for.
It is Matek F722-SE!
- STM32F722 processor
- MPU6000 and ICM20602 gyro/acc – user selectable to match the needs. Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of dual gyro design. From my perspective, MPU6000 is enough for everyone. Really!
- OSD compatible with INAV and Betaflight
- BMP280 barometer
- 5 hardware serial ports
- possible 1 software serial
- 8 outputs
- I2C bus
This is the standard data. Nothing super fancy at a first glance. Until you go into the details:
- PDB with a current meter is integrated into the design
- you can connect 2 separate FPV cameras and select the one that will be connected to OSD and VTX with your radio without any additional hardware. Super option for fixed wing flyers
- power VTX on/off from your radio as well (I really will have to test that soon)
- TX6 is conveniently positioned at every corner for ESC telemetry setup
- F7 means that you can connect anything you want to any serial port you want. F7 series have integrated serial inverters, so SBUS and SmartPort is no longer a problem
I'm super eager to put this baby on one of my racing quads
Matek F722-SE is coming soon!