Which flight controller software flies better out of the box? You know, the stock, default settings, no tuning. Just flash and fly. Betaflight, INAV or maybe EmuFlight? I decided to test it on one of my 5-inch FPV drones and compare: Betaflight vs INAV, Betaflight vs EmuFlight and EmuFlight vs INAV.
The results are divided into 2 separate videos. In the first one, I explain all the rules and present all 3 flight controller software flying the same kwad.
In the second video, it’s time for the results.
FPV drone specification:
- Frame: Tempest
- Motors: EMAX RS2 2306 2400KV
- Props: DAL 5040 Cyclone
- FC: Holybro Kakute F4 v2
- ESC: Holybro Tekko32 35A
- FPV Camera: RunCam Micro Swift 3
Now, if you want to know the results, here they are
- The first place goes to Betaflight 4.1.3 – it won thanks to the best filtering and very good propwash handling
- The second place goes to INAV 2.4 – good control and moderate propwash. Unfortunately, something was getting through filters and motors were quite audible and punch outs
- Third place goes to EmuFlight 0.1.0 – control was good, but heavy propwash and constantly audible motors were spoiling the joy