Previous parts of this cycle are available here and here.
Betaflight community has a grudge against RaceFlight. And they have a reason. Two potential, or maybe I should say confirmed, GPL violations in one year is fully enough. That just does not looks good no matter how you look at it. This whole situation stinks. So it's not a surprise that what leaked as RaceFlight One source code is analyzed like crazy.
Latest news: RF1 code might have at least 2 potential license violations:
STMicroelectronics license violation
* <h2><center>© COPYRIGHT(c) 2016 STMicroelectronics</center></h2>
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification,
* are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
* 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice,
* this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice,
* this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation
* and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
* 3. Neither the name of STMicroelectronics nor the names of its contributors
* may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software
* without specific prior written permission.
If RaceFlight do not have an agreement with STMicroelectronics, point 2 is violated since
bin is the only way RF1 is distributed
Atollic TrueSTUDIO(R) license violation
** Environment : Atollic TrueSTUDIO(R)
** Distribution: The file is distributed �as is,� without any warranty
** of any kind.
** (c)Copyright Atollic AB.
** You may use this file as-is or modify it according to the needs of your
** project. Distribution of this file (unmodified or modified) is not
** permitted. Atollic AB permit registered Atollic TrueSTUDIO(R) users the
** rights to distribute the assembled, compiled & linked contents of this
** file as part of an application binary file, provided that it is built
** using the Atollic TrueSTUDIO(R) toolchain.
One more time, if RF do not have separate agreement with Atollic, they are violating license above. I have not seen information that RF1 was built with Atollic TrueSTUDIO(R) toolchain.
I will leave it without any additional comment.