GoPro Hero 10 Black
GoPro releases the new action camera every year. Usually around September. This year was no different and only a few weeks ago we’ve been presented the anniversary release: GoPro Hero 10 Black.
I purchased my Hero 10 a few days after the premiere. My target usage for this GoPro was: I need a smaller camera to record videos on the outside for my YouTube channels and maybe a better one to put on my FPV drones. One week later I know everything. For the first of those purposes Hero 10 is dope! For the second one, not so much.
First things first and let’s begin with facts:
- It’s the same form factor and Hero 9 with color LCD in the front and in the back
- It offers 4K resolution at 120fps
- In 2.7K it can record up to 240fps
- If you really want to, you can record 5.3K at 60fps
- New Hypersmooth 4.0 offers even better stabilization in all the conditions
And those are the most important features. Now, let’s seen, what went great and what did not.
What I like:
- I love the video quality of the new GoPro Hero 10 Black. It’s just fantastic
- [email protected] works like a charm and this cam will probably become my outdoor everyday work hors
- New Hypersmooth is fantastic even when put on a drone! My flying videos were never smoother
But finally, there are some things that are not that great after all:
- It’s too big to put on the most modern small FPV drones
- It’s expensive
- I’m pretty sure both LCDs will break as soon as I start crashing
This is why, although I’m almost adored by Hero 10 Black, I will not be using it on my drones. I would be too scared to destroy the camera in the process. But for shooting videos? Hell yeah! Media Mod is on it’s way!
If you have any comments or questions, or just want to say "Hi, Pawel, good job!" you can always drop me a tweet!