Yesterday I've spent like 2 hours fighting to make USBasp ISP programmer work under Windows 10 64bit. Seriously, that was like some kind of nightmare that turned into a comedy. All web pages that I've found suggested following procedure:
- Download zadig
- Be happy
Unfortunately, in my case all attempts failed miserably. All I was getting from avrdude was
avrdude: error: programm enable: target doesn't answer. 1 avrdude: initialization failed, rc=-1
I've found a solution. Internet was wrong.
libusb-win32 was not the correct driver for USBasp. The correct driver was
libusbK (v22.214.171.124). After installing libusbK USBasp came back to life!