Having a broken leg, limited mobility, and paid sick leave have some perks after all. I've finally found some free time to sit on the project I started, I think, two years ago: ESP32, LoRa based GPS beacon, and locator. You know, put it on an airplane and have a way to get the distance and bearing when you crash.
In the last few days, I finally managed to:
- Improve RF handling and make it more robust as well as send more data from the beacon
- The Locator can work as a beacon too
- Multi-beacon support – single Locator can track multiple beacons at once
- Some other fixes and improvements
The future is also bright since, if time allows, I intend to integrate it with INAV as well. But now, it will not act the same way as INAV Radar. I have different ideas for that. That might be interesting, right?
- Standalone beacon: https://github.com/DzikuVx/QmuBeacon
- ESP32 based beacon and locator https://github.com/DzikuVx/QmuBeaconLocator
If anybody would like to talk about the project, here is the Discord channel for that https://discord.gg/q9vC66R9bA