Hands on: DemonRC NOX5 FPV 5" Frame
So many things to do, so little time... I've purchased DemonRC NOX5 quadcopter frame more than a month ago, but had some time to take a look at it only today. This is not a cheap stuff. More than a $100 for a 5" frame is few times more than I've used to pay. But I just had enough of cheap chinese frames. Don't get me wrong, they usually fly alright, but both quality and user friendliness lacks a lot. With "premium" frame at least I'm sure that I'm getting a good quality carbon fiber and someone actually thought for a moment about "tiny" details a place for VTX transmitter or battery strap...
So, please welcome DemonRC NOX5:
- this is top quality, nice cut carbon
- 210mm motor-to-motor (diagonal)
- decks are only 29mm apart, but arms can be installed below bottom deck to fit all that you need
- 3mm motor arms
- 1.5mm bottom and top decks
- FPV camera reinforcement that can act like HD camera mount
- FPV camera mount is hmm... the way I see it, the weakest part of this set. I'm considering designing and printing something by myself
- nice, blue, nuts and bolts
- deck spacers are more from nylon - I'm not sure about that to be honest
- a lot of spare parts!
Maiden, probably in 2 weeks. Then I will write more...
If you have any comments or questions, or just want to say "Hi, Pawel, good job!" you can always drop me a tweet!