Last weekend I had a brief opportunity to take a look at new radio from FrSky: X12S Horus. One thing is sure, this thing is quite impressive. For me it is slightly too big and too expensive. Plain old Taranis suits all my needs. Owner seems too be quite happy with his X12S Horus, and here are his main thought about it:
- Big and heavy with a stiff frame. As long as you do not have to carry it attached to your neck for a longer period of time, it is completely fine
- LCD screen is nicely visible in daylight
- Nice Hall effect gimbals!
- Rubber bumpers allows to put Horus on a car’s roof or hood without the risk of scratching it
- Shipped with FrSky software, that is not as good as OpenTx
- External antenna connector with a VSWR