Some time ago I started to feel a need to have a bench power supply. Not laboratory-grade, but something that can deliver both some volts and amps. Of course with overcurrent protection. Aliexpress is full of such a power supply units and at the end, I've decided on Yihua PS-3010DF with 30V voltage and 10A max current.
My initial thoughts are:
- On the outside, it looks and feels pretty solid
- You can power a drone on a workbench from it. Even with motors running!
- Current limiting works and it can replace a smoke-stopper
- Too bad you can not set max current before turning this thing on
- It only shows current current, not the limit
- USB is a nice touch
- Teardown in a few weeks 🙂