Most people in RC hobby knows that receiver and transmitter antennas should match polarization. But what would happen if there was a mismatch? For example when transmitter uses linear vertical and receiver circular left hand? There would be a loss of power, attenuation. How much? Look at table below. Remember: -3dBi means half of power is lost during polarization change and you need +6dBi power (4 times more) to increase range by factor of two.
- -20dBi is practical value. In theory, all power should be lost during this conversion. But we are living in not perfect world and always some power will go though
- Vertical – Linear Vertical Polarization
- Horizontal – Linear Horizontal Polarization
- LHCP – Left Hand Circular Polarized
- RHCP – Right Hand Circular Polarized