More than 2 months after previous “What it the most popular flight controller for INAV“, welcome to second edition.
I mportant, this is not the number of boards flashed with INAV, but rather number of times a board was connected to Configurator!
This counts TARGET software name, not retail name. For example, all clones of Naze32 will be counted as Naze32
Data was taken in August 2017, multiple connections during single user session are stored as single entry.
- SP Racing F3 – 25% of all boards, lost 4 percent points
- Omnibus F4 Pro (aka v2 aka SD) – 15% of all boards, gained 5 percent points
- Naze32 rev. 5 and 6 – 13% of all boards, lost 6 percent points
- Omnibus F3 – 12%, lost 1 percent point
- Naze32 older than rev. 5 – 7%, gained 2 percent points
- Omnibus F4 v1 – 4%, gained 1 pp.
- Omnibus F4 v3 and v4 – 3%, first time in TOP 10
- SP Racing F3 EVO – 3%, lost 2 pp.
- CC3D – 3%, lost 1 pp.
- AnyFC F7 – 1%, first time in TOP 10
Other targets have 14% in total.
This data also says something about CPU generations distribution:
- STM32 F1 – 27%
- STM32 F3 – 47%
- STM32 F4 – 25%
- STM32 F7 – 1%
What changed comparing to June?
- First F7 board appeared in TOP 10!
- F1 and F3 targets are loosing market share, while F4 and F7 are more and more popular
- Naze32 is no longer second most popular board
- OpenPilot Revolution and Airbot F4 (more less the same) are out of the TOP 10
- Boards with integrated OSD are more and more popular. They already have 47% of market share